Animal Planet sent out the following today…
Eric Young Tests The Limits Of Outdoor Adventure In The New ANIMAL PLANET Series “NO LIMITS”
From Mexico to Alaska and Everywhere In Between, Professional Wrestler “Showtime” Eric Young Is Back and Braver Than Ever — — New 10-Part Series NO LIMITS Premieres on Friday, May 30, at 8 PM (ET/PT)
New York, New York — IMPACT Wrestling superstar, self-avowed adrenaline junkie, and recently crowned TNA World Heavyweight Champion, “Showtime” Eric Young has spent the last two summers crisscrossing the country in search of the oddest and craziest fishing techniques for his Animal Planet series, OFF THE HOOK: EXTREME CATCHES. From fishing in the frigid Bering Sea with a hardened crew of commercial fishermen to free diving 50 feet beneath the surface in the tropical waters of Hawaii to catch an octopus, Young has embraced some of the most insane fishing practices and trained with the masterminds who pioneered them. Now, Young’s never-ending thirst for adventure continues on land in the new 10-part series NO LIMITS, where he tries his hand at some of the most extreme physical activities throughout and beyond the continental U.S., dreamt up by some of the most passionate outdoorsmen on the planet. From the intrepid to the insane to the just plain dumb and the all-out dangerous, Eric tests his limitations like never before!
Premiering Friday, May 30, at 8 PM (ET/PT), NO LIMITS follows Young as he showcases adrenaline-fueled adventures that take him to the edge of his comfort zone. This season, Young travels to New York, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Puerto Rico, Maine and many other locations to experience hidden thrills and to discover the wild subcultures and lifestyles of those driven to live the extremes that the outdoors has to offer. Whether he’s searching for invasive pythons in South Florida, river boarding through Class IV rapids on the Ocoee River in Tennessee, or climbing an Alaskan iceberg from a paddleboard, Young (and his iconic manly beard) won’t stop until he puts his signature move on the competition.
New adventures this season include the following:
– The inhospitable terrain surrounding Death Valley boasts record high temperatures and is covered in thousands of abandoned mines. Eric joins a group of thrill seekers to take a dark and dangerous trip 600 feet underground in a mine that is more than a century old.
– Eric trains to be a lumberjack in the heart of Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains with some of the toughest woodsmen he’s ever met. And when his intense training is complete, he’ll compete against the pros.
– In Arizona, Eric learns a new desert sport — sand boarding — which combines insane speeds with a hot sandy surface, which can cause serious skin burns if you wipe out! Will Eric survive the gnarly dunes without running into scorpions?
– Eric travels to Mexico to catch one of the hardest fighting fish in the ocean — the striped marlin. While most anglers battle these huge fish from an actual boat, Eric takes on the difficult task from a small kayak.
– By trekking 40 rugged miles on a snow machine, Eric travels to the Great White North to battle the invasive northern pike and joins three expert fishermen on an excursion into the backcountry.