Rob Van Dam had a Q&A at the Mid-Atlantic Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, North Carolina. He talked about his WWE status, a possible retirement tour and more. Here are highlights:
– He currently has an active merchandise deal with WWE but is in between talent contracts. His current deal prevents him from working for TNA or ROH, as well as potentially anyone else with a TV deal. He says he will return to WWE at some point but isn’t in a rush to do it.
– His 2013 run was 66 matches in 90 days, mostly at live events. His last run let him pick and choose his own dates. It left things open for a return whenever he feels he’s ready.
– His most recent return to WWE happened after he appeared at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony to see Booker T inducted. He talked to Triple H, who convinced him to come back.
– He doesn’t have any plans for a “retirement tour” but he doesn’t want to be on the road full time anymore. He put over the young talent, who he said are “hungrier” and “want those spots more”. He added that the end of his career isn’t too far off.
– He doesn’t consider himself a legend, as he thinks that title belongs to wrestlers like Ricky Steamboat, Hulk Hogan or Junkyard Dog. He said the fans probably have a different view than he does. He doesn’t expect to go into the Hall of Fame but would be honored if it did.
– He said he liked his TNA run at first but began to disassociate with the younger talents, who complained to agents about matches and bookings. He said he would sit in his car until it was time to wrestle. When he went back to WWE, there was a 3-year contract on the table with TNA but they never got back to him. He added that he felt under-appreciated by TNA.
– Maria Menounos was recently spotted on the beach bending over in a skimpy bikini. If you’re interested, you can click here to view the SMOKIN’ hot booty pics!