WWE taped this week’s edition of WWE SmackDown on Tuesday night, August 11, 2015, in Portland, Oregon. Below are spoiler results from the tapings.
– This week’s edition of WWE SmackDown kicked off with a touching tribute to one of Portland, Oregon’s own, the late WWE Hall Of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper. Piper’s family is at ringside for tonight’s show.
– Seth Rollins begins the normal portion of the show by cutting a promo comparing himself to Michael Jordan and Babe Ruth. He mentions John Cena appearing on WWE Tough Enough and says he wants him to show up on RAW to accept his title vs. title SummerSlam challenge. Neville comes out and interrupts. He says he wants another title shot, however then Cesaro comes out. Out of nowhere, Kevin Owens attacks Cesaro from behind while Rollins beats down Neville.
– Charlotte def. Naomi in Divas action, as the “Diva Revolution” continued on SmackDown. The finish of this match saw Naomi tap out after Charlotte applied the Figure 8 submission hold.
– Video package on Stardust and Stephen Amell airs.
– Ryback comes to the ring for a promo as we see what happened on RAW with MizTV. He talks about defending against The Miz and Big Show at SummerSlam until Bo Dallas interrupts. Bo wants to be added to the match at SummerSlam but Ryback disses him. Bo attacks but gets left laying with a Meathook.
– Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper come to the ring for a promo. Dean Ambrose comes out next followed by Roman Reigns for his match against Harper. Reigns wins by DQ when Wyatt runs in and stops a pin.
– The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a non-title match.
– Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro and Neville after Rollins had a handful of tights when pinning Cesaro.